CAME Certificate of Merit Award
Submission Deadline - December 8, 2017
To promote, recognize and reward faculty committed to medical education in Canadian medical schools.
To promote CAME at each of the Canadian medical schools.
The CAME Certificate of Merit Award consists of a certificate and the opportunity to write an article for the CAME Voice. The number of awards to be given in any year will be determined by the CAME Executive on an annual basis/university.
- All contributors to medical education in each school are eligible (undergraduate, postgraduate, CME/CPD and Faculty Development). Recipients need not be members of CAME.
- Recipients will have made a contribution to medical education deemed to be valuable within their medical school (teaching, assessment, evaluation, educational leadership, course coordination, education, research)
- Recipients should not have already been nationally awarded for this contribution.
- Members currently serving on the CAME Executive, CAME Board of Directors or the CAME Awards Committee are not eligible.
- CAME requests each CAME Board school representative begin the process via email which will include the submission deadline date.
- The local CAME representative will set up a selection committee and a mechanism for identification and selection of candidates from their institution.
- The local CAME representative will submit the name(s) of the award winners and their contact information together with a) a brief one paragraph description of achievements AND b) a maximum 140 character comment for each of the awardees. Submissions are to be emailed to CAME Awards Committee at email@example.com.
- CAME will receive and confirm nominations and notify the awardees by email.
- The Certificate of Merit Awards will be presented at CAME's Annual General Meeting at CCME. It is an expectation that the COM awardees will attend where at all possible.
- CAME will acknowledge each recipient on its website and through Twitter.
- Each school is encouraged to disseminate information about their own awardees.
2017 Certificate of Merit Award Recipients
University of British Columbia Dr Sam Stewart, Dr Sarah Gray, Dr Olusegun Oyedele University of Alberta Dr Lawrence Cheung, Dr Martin Moran, Dr Lyn Sonnenberg University of Calgary Dr Kelly Albrecht, Dr Paula Pearce, Dr Murray Lee University of Saskatchewan Dr Marla Davidson University of Manitoba Dr Diane Moddemann University of Toronto Dr Cynthia Whitehead, Dr Paolo Campisi, Dr Maria Mylolopolous University of Western Ontario Dr Hariharan Iyer, Dr. Scott McKay University of Ottawa/Université d'Ottawa Dr Gary Viner, Dr Daniel Dubois Northern Ontario School of Medicine Dr Christine Kupsh Queen's University Dr Louise Rang, Dr Amy Acker McMaster University Dr Shariq Haider, Dr David Callen, Dr Azim Gangji Université Laval Dre Marie-Marthe Thibeault, Dr Pierre Beaupré, Dr Pierre Leclerc Université de Sherbrooke Pre Anne-Marie Boire-Lavigne, Pr Frédéric Bernier, Pre Nathalie Gagnon McGill University Dr Sarkis Meterissian, Dr Laurie Plotnick, Dr David Ragsdale Université de Montréal Dr Isabelle Tardiff, Dr Diane Robert, Dr Lucie Morin Dalhousie University Dr Lorri Beatty, Dr Angie McGibbon Memorial University of Newfoundland Dr Wanda Parsons